Sunday, December 28, 2008
Saturday, December 27, 2008
We have been having problem with a child running and pounding above us. The neighbors are very friendly above us and have apologized. Today was especially noisy. Harrison went up to talk to them and found out they are having the same problem above them. In fact it is so bad, the sprinkler cap fell off the ceiling and hit the grandma in the head. I feel so bad that they also have to deal with noises. It can be very frustrating. So I am finding out more and more that these so called "Luxury Apartments" are the kind where they put extremely nice appliances in, yet skimp on important things like "soundproofing" (which I might add they advertised they had). Since we have moved into this apartment, we have had more problems. We are still living in 50% humidity. I have decided that Seeno property living is NOT for us.
This new year is going to be a wonderful time to catch up on things, organize and save money. I am also very excited about crafting this year. I will have a better work space and get to finish all of my projects that have been put on hold. 2009 Here I Come!
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
and After! I still have some rearanging to do. But for now this is how the hutch looks until I find the perfect spot for everything it holds. As soon as I get everything in my apartment just the way I want it. I MUST share pictures with you of everything I have bought from Room With A Past. I find so many treasures at this store!
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Our little bird Lily bit our Cockatiel Tootsie's foot so bad she started bleeding like crazy. If you know about birds, you know that it doesn't take much loss of blood to die. Frantic, I grabbed the flour and poured it on the coffee table. After her flying around scared and bleeding, Harrison and I finally were able to grab our scared Tootsie and wrap her in a towel to attend to her wound. If you know Tootsie, you know this can be a difficult thing. She loves to cuddle, be close to you, and will even stand on your finger on command... But she is very scared of hands.
Flour or Corn Startch is what stops the bleeding. So I dunked her little feet in the flour to try and stop the bleeding. While Harrison called the emergancy vet, I sat with her to make sure she didnt start bleeding again. After a few minutes of her preening and standing on one foot she waddled over to me to cuddle.
Her foot stopped bleeding and just had pink sores on it. So for bedtime I rolled her close to our bedroom in case she got nightfright and hurt herself further. Today, you couldnt even tell she had hurt herself.
I am so thankful that the Lord was watching out for our birdie and kept her safe. She is really special to Harrison and I. I would be devistated if anything happened to our Tootsie Girl. I am just thankful that no matter what life throws at us. The Lord is always there to comfort us.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Christmas time has come upon us now and I have already caught the Holiday Spirit....
Friday, December 12, 2008
NEW YORK — Van Johnson, whose boy-next-door wholesomeness made him a popular Hollywood star in the '40s and '50s with such films as "30 Seconds over Tokyo," "A Guy Named Joe" and "The Caine Mutiny," died Friday of natural causes. He was 92.
Johnson died at Tappan Zee Manor, an assisted living center in Nyack, N.Y., said Wendy Bleisweiss, a close friend.
With his tall, athletic build, handsome, freckled face and sunny personality, the red-haired Johnson starred opposite Esther Williams, June Allyson, Elizabeth Taylor and others during his two decades under contract to MGM.......
Friday, December 5, 2008
I was about to cook the most amazing dish that I found online. Harrison was in the computer room with the birds. I was in the bedroom on the laptop figuring out my game plan for dinner. My corningware glass baking lid was on the kitchen counter.
To my horror, I heard sliding baking sheets in the kitchen followed by an explosion of glass. While jumping from the bed with a scream, Harrison darted out of the bird room with a "What Happened?!" We both arrived at the same time to see the carnage of my glass lid. It literally exploded. The biggest piece of glass left was the little handle. Glass had flown across the dining room and some even wedged into appliances. Shards everywhere! Thank goodness no one was even near this explosion. The kitchen tile and dining room carpet were covered in glass!
I guess this just goes to show, it is never boring around my apartment!
After we cleaned everything up, I was finally able to start the amazing recipe I found. :) We had Mozzarella filled turkey meat balls with a tomato & basil pesto sauce. It turned out great and it was super easy to make. Not a fan of raw meat though.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
The time was about 11:00pm. The whole apartment building Fire Alarm went off. This might not seem like to big a deal. But when you consider the alarm goes off inside your apartment AND outside, it definitely makes you jump!
So after making sure it was a false alarm, we uncovered the birds so they wouldn't be as afraid. Then we went outside to call for help along with everyone else who shuffled out of their apartments. 10 min later 2 fire trucks roll in. 5 min. later the apartment management showed up.
So we all spent the next 30 min. outside in the 45 degree weather waiting for them to figure out which alarm pull went off. Finally about 45 min after the alarm started they turned it off.
One thing about this new complex, they definitely keep you on your toes.