Sunday, December 21, 2008

Tootsie's Flour Bath

Friday was a very bad day for me. We had to deal with loud neighbors above us that made me lose sleep, I found out someone from my past died and our family was never told of it..and so on. It was definitely a "Jonah Day" as Anne would say. It felt like I was crying all day. Just when I was about to feel better and my puffy eyes started to disappear ....it happened....

Our little bird Lily bit our Cockatiel Tootsie's foot so bad she started bleeding like crazy. If you know about birds, you know that it doesn't take much loss of blood to die. Frantic, I grabbed the flour and poured it on the coffee table. After her flying around scared and bleeding, Harrison and I finally were able to grab our scared Tootsie and wrap her in a towel to attend to her wound. If you know Tootsie, you know this can be a difficult thing. She loves to cuddle, be close to you, and will even stand on your finger on command... But she is very scared of hands.

Flour or Corn Startch is what stops the bleeding. So I dunked her little feet in the flour to try and stop the bleeding. While Harrison called the emergancy vet, I sat with her to make sure she didnt start bleeding again. After a few minutes of her preening and standing on one foot she waddled over to me to cuddle.

Her foot stopped bleeding and just had pink sores on it. So for bedtime I rolled her close to our bedroom in case she got nightfright and hurt herself further. Today, you couldnt even tell she had hurt herself.

I am so thankful that the Lord was watching out for our birdie and kept her safe. She is really special to Harrison and I. I would be devistated if anything happened to our Tootsie Girl. I am just thankful that no matter what life throws at us. The Lord is always there to comfort us.

No comments:

A Diary of Life's Adventures!

www.BekahJan.com