Thursday, March 20, 2008

Quilting Away and Pincushions!

First I want to share with you the first pincushion I made! I got the pattern in a better homes and garden's quilting magazine. It was created by Heather Bailey, so I had to try it. I didn't use her fabric line for it, because I am saving that for a quilt. By the Way! Thank you Heather Bailey for commenting on my blog! That was really cool! I am such a fan!

The fabric I used for the top of the pincushion is from Anna Griffin's Line. It turned out really great!


My Current project is a quilt, well 2 quilts to be exact! My first quilt is my practice quilt. I decided to try everything for the first time on this quilt. I have never done the quilting before! So keep your fingers crossed! For my practice quilt I am just doing a
simple patchwork quilt. Polka Dots and Flowers! I have already sewn most of this together, which I will share with you when I completely finish the quilt top.

Practice Quilt



For my second quilt, I am using a layer cake by Moda. The fabric line is Simplicity. A Layer Cake is a pack of 10X10 fabric squares. In the pack I get one Fabric square from each fabric in the line. For the pattern, I took each 10x10 square and cut it on the bias/diagonal and then paired each triangle with a different fabric and sewed them together. I then arranged each block on the floor as seen in the photo below. I am now in the process of sewing together each square.

Last night Harrison and I decided together how it should be arranged. And we are very happy with the result. Below is a picture of part of the quilt. I cant wait until it is finished, so I can show you the end result. Until then....

Quilt #2




No comments:

A Diary of Life's Adventures!

www.BekahJan.com