Saturday, November 24, 2007

Introducing My Lovely Lily!



Pictured above is Lily, our new birdie addition to our family!

This morning Harrison came home with a surpise for me and a big smile on his face...but let's start at the beginning of the story.

Yesterday, Harrison and I went to see a baby parrotlet at the pet store, and thought she was so adorable. Most of you know that I have been wanting a pacific parrotlet for so long! Although, I really wanted a blue one, I had to have this green beauty. I wanted her sooo bad! We talked about it all day trying to figure out if we should or not. I had decided that I probably was not going to be able to get her. Which was heart breaking for me! So I went to bed sad and disappointed. Little did I know what Harrison was planning for me. :)

So today Harrison came home (I thought he was at work) and surprised me with a receipt saying he bought her. He came home with bird cage and bag of toys in hand! So we put together her new cage and went to pick her up from the bird store!

She weighs only 27 grams but is packed full of spunk! When we first saw her she was hanging upside down just staring at us! She climbs just like a little monkey! She is the most lovable, adorable, acrobatic bird I have ever seen.

We have to quarantine her in the bedroom away from Tootsie for 30 days to make sure she is healthy! But I just know That Tootsie is going to love having a new sister around! HeHe!

So now we have the most wonderful birds! My Sweet Tootsie Girl and My Lovely Little Lily!

I am so thankful for my Birdies!

No comments:

A Diary of Life's Adventures!

www.BekahJan.com