Monday, March 29, 2010

Our "Tootsie Girl"

This weekend has been one of fear and turmoil because our beloved pet bird, Tootsie, is in the hospital. We noticed something that wasn't quite right and brought her to the avian vet. If we hadn't have done that, it is very likely very soon we would have found her on the bottom of her cage, dead.

The Lord was in all of this, because last Thursday I was prompted to call Harrison and have him call the vet. You cant always go by feelings, but sometimes there can be a nagging that you need to follow. In this case, that feeling that I believe was prompted by God, saved my bird's life.

She ended up having serious kidney problems. She has been having fluid
therapy since last Friday. I miss her so much, but I know she is getting all the care she could possibly get.

She is not out of the clear yet, but I know that she is in good hands.

We were able to visit her on Saturday, which is something I needed. It is so strange that such a small bird can have such an impact on ones life. We were able to visit her in the surgery room. The nurse brought her in to us holding her in her hands.

Tootsie is so scared of being grabbed. So when she got on my finger she knew she was safe and started cuddling with me while blurting out sweet coos. She just stood on my finger, enjoying me kissing her head. She then hopped on my shoulder and started preening, like "ok, I'm ready to go home now".

After handing her back to the nurse, Tootsie rode on her shoulder back to the treatment room staring at me with her big black eyes all the way down the hallway. She even let out a chirp as she rounded the corner.

You might say, thats a lot of work to go through for just an animal. But in the Bible it says, even God's eyes are on the sparrow.

"Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before God." Luke 12:6

We were meant to care for everything on the earth and that includes birds. :)

I love you Tootsie!

1 comment:

Jan Ely said...

Hope Tootsie is better soon and back in your home!

A Diary of Life's Adventures!

www.BekahJan.com