Wednesday, May 13, 2009

In the midst of Chaos.....

In the midst of Chaos... there is always beauty!

Some days there are times where everything goes wrong...but if you look hard there is always something of beauty. Today is one of those days for me.

My Apartment Complex. Enough said. If you read my blog you know that they have caused so many problems and today is no different. There are a total of 9 fire sprinklers in our apartment. We were informed after one postponement that there were annual testings to be done. 2 days worth. One for everybody and one random apartment with fire marshal. Ok, fair enough, even though they should have done that 6 months ago when the complex opened instead of waiting for people to move in. This entailed lots of cleaning and hiding stuff that could get ruined by the workers or that were in their way. We even had to move our 3 birds over to my parents for today and tomorrow.

So today comes, my husband took 1/2 day off of work unpaid, and we got up by 8:00am and waited and waited and waited. Harrison left for work, then I waited and waited.... Until 3:15pm. Harrison called and was informed that they went into every apartment and if you weren't home they had keys. Well, just our luck, they missed us. Everybody is already gone, So they might have to reschedule which entails another shifting around of stuff and another hassle of transferring
our birds somewhere else, and another wasted day waiting when I could be getting stuff done. Oh, ya and all that happens after I put everything back to the way it was.

I spent a lot of time working around this apartments demands and they pass over us. Anger set in real fast. It is times like these where I just need to realize that the Lord is in control over my life. In hindsight I might laugh at this, ok, I said might. :) Even though things went awry, I know that...
all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
I then start to think about the positive things that have come out of this. For example, my craft room is really shaping up! But most of all, in the midst of chaos I am thankful for things of beauty God has given us. For example..this lovely picture (above) I took today of my Hydrangea blooming. The Lord knew I needed to find these beautiful blooms.

This Bible verse has given me comfort this past month when I feel discouraged...

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not on thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5,6
No matter what life throws at me, I know that I am in His hands.

2 comments:

Ang said...

What a beautiful reminder - thank you for your writing today. We too were dealing with an "annoying apartment issue" - the boys and I (and our dog) were literally stuck in our place for not the original 3 hr time frame, but 8+ hrs with no stairs, LOL. Looking back it is kind of funny and the Lord took care of us, no emergency situation arose where we'd need to get "out" but still... frustration soon set in and I found myself writing an apology email to our apartment manager for my less than stellar reply to his email at 2pm, informing us we were still stuck... There are so many things to be thankful for, I had no right to be frustrated, but it is what it is. We are human :) We make mistakes and we have this beautiful gift of forgiveness and grace.

Hope you get it all taken care of quickly, and we'll do a little happy dance for ya when October rolls around :) Hugs!

Rebekah said...

Thanks! I know being stuck in your apartment is horrible! That happened to me when they were painting the building and doors of our old place. They had all the windows and the door papered and taped up the whole day. I could not see out or get out. It was horrible. You felt trapped. I am glad there were no emergencies and you made it through...ah, the trials apartment living brings. :)

A Diary of Life's Adventures!

www.BekahJan.com