Saturday, February 23, 2008

Thankyou, Update, & Continued Prayer

My mother woke me up on Thursday morning telling me that Grandfather took a turn for the worst. She also informed me that she was flying to Washington state in a few hours to be with family at the hospital. I had this nagging feeling as we hung up the phone, so I called Harrison. Being the supportive husband he is, he said I should go up with my mom. So I called my dad and with some fast packing we were on our way to the airport.

On the way, we heard the news that he was going in for Brain Surgery at 3:00pm. This is the same time we were going to be boarding the plane. So I called Harrison again and he called the prayer chain. In a matter of an hour there were faithful women from our church praying for him. He ended up not having surgery after all. The doctors said that the bleeding in his brain is stopping. I know that this turn of events had to do with our faithful praying friends. The Lord is good in every situation. Either the prayers helped the doctors realize he didn't need the surgery, or the Lord stopped the bleeding. Either way it was because of the prayers of these faithful women that made a difference.
Matthew 18: 20 "For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst."

He doing better but still is not out of the clear. He is in Intensive Care and is having lots of pain. They gave him some medication which gave him hallucinations. That was very hard to see. But the Lord is helping me cope. They were finally able to give him different medicine to help him sleep. He had a cat scan early yesterday morning and the results came back better. We are just watching and waiting. Please keep praying for my family. Especially my Grandma. She is such a strong women. But I know this has to be extremely difficult for her. She is very strong and we are all proud of her.

But most important please keep praying for my Grandfather. Pray for his healing, that the Lord would give him a positive attitude and a peace of mind. The Lord is good. I know that whatever the outcome, it is in His hands.

Only God and His word can give peace and joy. Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

The Lord is good in every circumstance. Thankyou to everyone for praying!

No comments:

A Diary of Life's Adventures!

www.BekahJan.com