Thursday, January 31, 2008

25th Birthday and Slideshow!



For my 25th birthday we went to Mendocino and Fort Bragg this last friday and saturday. We were able to stay in this really neat hotel that had a balcony view of the ocean. It had a whirpool tub and fireplace in the room. We got there around 12:00pm on friday afternoon and checked into the hotel. It was raining and raining and raining. We tried to go to glass beach that day but came back soaked! The weather was terrible. FINALLY it died down so we drove over to Mendocino and shopped at their shops by the ocean. I got this really cute deep rust/red pokadot vintage looking apron with my birthday money and a few other things. We then went to this great restaurant in Fort Bragg. It was a mom and pop type Italian place. The food was amazing. They made everything themselves including their Italian bread. The dinner was amazing! I have been craving that Restaurant ever since. :) We then retired for the evening and watched a movie and Family feud reruns.

The next day was suppose to rain. But thanks to a lot of prayer (thanks mommy), There was NO Rain! So we did everything on saturday. We walked about 4 miles that day. First we went to Mendocino's Botanical Garden by the ocean. It was beautiful! In the slide show below there is some pics of the flowers we saw. The garden was this 1.5 mile walk that wound around near the ocean. It was beautiful. I went crazy at the gift shop! I bought the most beautiful Camillia plant from their nursery. I bought some other misc cute things that I couldn't live without with my birthday money. ;)


We then headed to Cabrilla Light House! This was fun because there was an episode of Murder she wrote that we watched with Van Johnson and June Allyson that had a scene shot at the light house. So it was neat to see. We saw some deer there too.

We then headed off to Glass Beach for the second time, hoping to have better luck. I got some great ocean pics there. We then shopped a little more and headed home around 4:00pm.

Then on Tuesday my Ladies Bible Study Group took me out to Lunch for my birthday and I got a couple of lovely presents.

My birthday yesterday was very nice. I had a nice call from Emilie and David on my birthday. I got some wonderful birthday cards in the mail. Marie sent me a very nice gift. My mom made my favorite cake and Harrison brought us Chinese food for our dinner/movie. We watched Notorious with Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman. Harrison bought me this beautiful necklace for my birthday. I am a big fan of Susan Branch's stickers. On her website she sells these really cute necklaces and he bought me their birthday necklace. He bought me another kind from her for Valentines Day, but he wont let me see that one yet. So I had a very pleasant 25th birthday. I think 25 is my
favorite birthday age. 16, 18, 21 was fun. But I enjoy being 25 the most!


1 comment:

Jan Ely said...

I've always wanted to go to glass beach! Did you find any pretty pieces? You can make your OWN jewels with them!

A Diary of Life's Adventures!

www.BekahJan.com